All I have to say is WOW. …WHAT A CONFERENCE!!! I don’t even know where to begin…
I registered for this conference in hopes of walking away with a few new friends and increased knowledge of owning a business. My expectations were blown away!! Both days were filled with AMAZING speakers who not only taught me about my small business but encouraged me. The speakers that spoke were photographers, designers, calligraphers, wedding and event planners and more. These phenomenal people spoke on Blogging, Social Media, Finances, Balance, Photography Law, SEO, Being a Boss Lady and Making Dreams Come True. I can’t image what the beginners in this industry got out of the conference if I got as much as I did!!!
So what did I take from it? ALOT.
1) I OWE IT TO YOU TO BLOG MORE; 5 DAYS A WEEK – You follow me, encourage me, and are my cheerleaders so why not give you more?
2) GIVE MYSELF GRACE – I’m new at this, and always learning. I’m going to mess up with my my business, in fact, I HAVE but thats a BEAUTIFUL THING. If I didn’t make mistakes I wouldn’t learn. LEARNING=GROWING. I want to be the best I can for my clients, and this industry. I want to see more love. As they said at the conference : COMPASSION OVER COMPARISON.
3) COMPASSION OVER COMPARISON – When you start off in this industry, and you are a creative, its easy to compare your beginning to someone else’s middle. But guess what??? Those people who we look up to and compare ourselves too were once where we are. They started at the beginning too. We are all in this thing together- life. We need to love, and encourage one another and not rip apart someone because we are secretly jealous. I am grateful God gave me a creative spirit so why not love the same gift He gave someone else? After all there is enough business to go around.
4) BALANCING LIFE – Owning a small business is not easy. Its constant work, learning and growing. In taking care of myself; what I’m eating, exercising, & sleeping enough I can be a better business owner and in turn, help others.
5) DREAM BIG- My dreams are worth it. ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT. I can do anything I set my heart too but I have to remember to set mini goals because they make the big things possible. We do the possible and God does the impossible!
6) GIVING & GOD- This business is not mine- BUT HIS. Everything I have IS HIS. I wouldn’t be doing what I do without The Lord implanting a creative spirit in me. In knowing that, I need to give more.
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a LIFE by what we give”. Winston Churchill
Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to. Deuteronomy 15:10
I could go on for hours about the beauty in this conference!!! I left this conference feeling full; My heart tank was FULL. I probably drank to much caffeine and overdosed on sweedish fish but MAN– I feel good. I made new friends, laughed, received encouragement, learned a lot and cried. Oh did I cry– so did the girl next to me (Brooke) so I felt better. The girls that put this on- Taylor Sharpe Schumann and Katherine Schmoyer did A HECK OF A JOB. Big shout out and LOVE to those two. You all accomplished a lot more then you thought you would. Many people came to learn and so many left being better leaders in the industry, more creative, and hopeful. Hopeful that DREAMS COME TRUE. God LOVES us all more than we will ever know and gives us the DESIRES OF OUR HEARTS.
VENDORS SHOWN IN IMAGES ABOVE:
Restored 316 Designs
Paisley & Jade
Elle & Co.
Dear Sweetheart Events
Letters of Grace Calligraphy